The Building Plan is the final component, and one of the top priorities of the Church’s Vision Plan. The Building Plan aligns the future church building and facilities projects under a cohesive vision and will provide improved infrastructure to support our long-term ministry priorities.
Priorities of the Church Vision
- An expanded focus on the small group ministry;
- Developing and maintaining an effective family focused ministry;
- Developing and maintaining effective children and youth ministries to educate our children with a Christian worldview and support the spiritual development of our children and youth;
- Placing a higher focus on community outreach under our mission ministry to reach the unchurched in the Portage and Kalamazoo areas; and,
- Leveraging our Day Care and Preschool programs as one of the primary components of the community outreach ministry.
Overview of the Building Plan
The Long-term Building Plan provides a comprehensive future strategy for the utilization, development and maintenance of our church facilities. The primary focus of the Building Plan is not to expand the building but redesign and repurpose the floor space within the existing structure. This Plan includes a blend of:
New Projects to upgrade and improve the building to better serve our members and support the outreach ministry objectives.
Maintenance Projects to maintain the building and facilities in good presentable condition.
Seven Project Phases
The Building Plan has been structured as Seven (7) Project Phases. These project phases are not directly interrelated or dependent upon one another and can be funded and undertaken separately or grouped together in any combination. The funding strategy is to raise the necessary funds to cover Building Project Phases One and Two on Miracle Sunday (November 18th, 2012). The remaining project phases will be funded by contributions made over future years. Click on the images below for a detailed breakdown of each phase.
Estimate of Costs
|Phase One*||Santuary: A||$166,500|
|Phase Two*||Education Wing||$283,500|
|Phase Three||Asbury Room||$71,0000|
|Phase Five||Fellowship Hall / Youth||$239,000|
|Phase Six||Offices / Library||$184,500|
|Phase Seven||Sanctuary: B||$169,000|
* Covered in Miracle Sunday Funding Target